Monday, June 2, 2014

BOOK REVIEW MONDAY: Here to Stay

Here we are, Book Review Monday. And have I got a treat for you this time!

 
Melissa Tagg's
 

HERE TO STAY



HERE TO STAY is seriously one of the best books I've read this year. Simply lovely. If you like Christian contemporary romance--with some laugh-out-loud moments along the way--you'll love this book as much as I did.

This book receives:

5 out of 5 stars


Synopsis from Back of the Book

After playing nomad for five years, Blake Hunziker has finally had enough of adventure. Not sure what receptions he'll get from everyone back in Whisper Shore, he's stunned at not only a warm welcome from his hometown but also a job offer. The job is his if he can successfully pull off the annual Christmas festival. If only he knew the first thing about coordinating events . . .

If there's one thing Autumn Kingsley knows, it's Whisper Shore. For years, she's been stuck running her family's inn when all she wants is to see the world. Now she has a visit scheduled from a potential investor who could take over the inn, as well as a dream job over in Paris. But with just two weeks to whip the inn into shape, her chance at escape is a long shot.

The Hunzikers and the Kingsleys may not get along, but Blake knows Autumn's the only one who can help him. She agrees to a trade--she'll help with the festival and he'll help with inn repairs. But what was meant to be a simple deal quickly becomes much more than that when the guy who's done running away joins forces with the girl who can't wait to leave.


My Expectations as a Reader (and if They Were Met)

I've read this author's debut novel, MADE TO LAST, which I also loved, but this book blew me out of the water. I know I sound a bit over-dramatic, but it seriously met all my expectations . . . hilarious moments, toe-curling romance (while still acceptable to recommend to conservative readers), realistic characters, and a perfectly-orchestrated plot.


My Expectations as a Writer (and if They Were Met)

Melissa Tagg's writing is strong and witty. Her voice is excellent for contemporary romance. Her characters deal with real issues and real pain. Not everything is wrapped up in a neat bow at the end, but enough is to make this hopeless-romantic reader sigh with content.

Trust me, you won't want to miss HERE TO LAST, and I am SO looking forward to Book #3!


** This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishers for my honest review. All thoughts, opinions, and comments are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment